About Mount Purious CBD Oil
About CBD Oil
- CBD Oil is a Cannabidiol and 1 of over 100 natural chemical components derived from the Cannabis Sativa plant (including our Mount Purious Hemp Oil which is extracted from the hemp seeds).
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the psychoactive cannabidol and it is not included in our CBD Oil so it will not provide the natural 'high' that marijuana is known for.
- CBD Oil is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant, trying to get pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you are on medications please consult with your doctor before taking CBD Oil.
Please Note we do not sell CBD Oil as a medication, treatment or cure for any sort of medical aliment, we sell it as a dietary supplement as part of our wellness range.
Recent CBD Research
An article was published to healthline.com by Jillian Kubala MS, RD highlighting many of the scientifically proven benefits of using CBD Oil, they include:
1) Pain Relief - "The human body contains a specialized system called the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is involved in regulating a variety of functions including sleep, appetite, pain and immune system response."(Source Study)
The body produces endocannabinoids, which are neurotransmitters that bind to cannabinoid receptors in your nervous system.
Studies have shown that CBD may help reduce chronic pain by impacting endocannabinoid receptor activity, reducing inflammation and interacting with neurotransmitters (Source Study)
2) Anxiety - CBD oil has shown promise as natural alternative to prescription drugs for anxiety.
In one Brazilian study, 57 men received either oral CBD or a placebo 90 minutes before they underwent a simulated public speaking test. The researchers found that a dose of CBD was effective at significantly reducing anxiety during the test. (Source Study)
3) Reduce Nausea & Vomiting - 'CBD may also help reduce chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, which are among the most common chemotherapy-related side effects for those with cancer' (Source Study)
4) Acne - 'It is thought to be caused by a number of factors, including genetics, bacteria, underlying inflammation and the overproduction of sebum, an oily secretion made by sebaceous glands in the skin' (Source Study) (Source Study)
Based on recent scientific studies, CBD oil may help treat acne due to its anti-inflammatory properties and ability to reduce sebum production. One test-tube study found that CBD oil prevented sebaceous gland cells from secreting excessive sebum, exerted anti-inflammatory actions and prevented the activation of “pro-acne” agents like inflammatory cytokines (Source Study)
Though these results are promising, human studies exploring the effects of CBD on acne are needed.
Please Note we do not sell CBD Oil as a medication, treatment or cure for any sort of medical aliment, we sell it as a dietary supplement as part of our wellness range. The purpose of this blog is to provide further information on CBD Oil, it's uses and benefits.